the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

august sunrise on the farm



sunrise over Mt Rainier - there's nothing like it. This is the view from our deck around 6 am - not a bad sight! It actually inspired me to create a new colorway in the pencil roving, called Mountain Sunrise. images of the new colorway to follow in the near future (after I've taken photos)





It's been too hot to touch wool recently, so I've been knitting bamboo. I made this shirt for my Dad, out of Southwest Trading Co bamboo azul color with a jade collar. After many attempts at picking up the shoulder stitches (without having ladder-like holes) I finally succeeded ! Here's the finished product!! He loved it. It has quite a bit of weight to it, but will wear well over time.


















Now my husband is wanting one for himself! So I decided to make it out of the red bamboo. Color of the collar, sleeve trim and pocket are still up for grabs. Will keep you posted. It'll take awhile (a definate labor of love as it is knit on size 5 needles, and just the back is 31" long!)

Here's the color - yummy isn't it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home