the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Got myself a treat

I finally gave in and bought myself a special little treat: Sock Blockers - Leggy Creations.
Becky made these especially for me.
Didn't she do a nice job? !

Want to see the back? - yeah, I know you do :-)

Hop on over and give her a shout of praise - better yet, order some up for yourself! I had her make these nice and long in the leg part for me............... there might just be some knee socks in my future.

And on the Christmas knitting front, I finished another pair of socks. These are being modeled (ever so briefly) by K, and now are off into the wash, and being blocked. (He wasn't so sure he wanted to take them off, but I convinced him)
Colorway: Ain't No Mountain High Enough
size 1 needles
2 skeins
Pattern: Madder Rib by Nancy Bush

and now it's back off to more knitting and fiber dyeing for me. Have a lovely weekend.

13 Comments:

At December 2, 2006 at 2:31 PM, Blogger Fiberjoy said...

What fun sock blockers!

Those are some wild socks for K to model, somehow I haven't visualized him as a wearer of pink!

Enjoy the sun. :-)

 
At December 2, 2006 at 3:44 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

sexy socks!
Enjoy your weekend!

 
At December 2, 2006 at 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Custom blockers! That is so cool.

The socks look great. Good color progressions.

 
At December 2, 2006 at 8:17 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Great socks. I'd be with K on this one: not taking them off the feet, uh uh.

Which Nancy Bush book for the pattern?

 
At December 2, 2006 at 9:39 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Cute sock blockers. Nice socks as well. I hope you have yourselves dug out after the storms....

 
At December 2, 2006 at 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely socks! I just adore that color! I can see why K didn't want to take them off.

Your sock blockers look great too!

 
At December 3, 2006 at 4:41 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

Beautiful blockers and socks! Hope your ice is all melted.

 
At December 3, 2006 at 4:54 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, very cool sock blockers!! And your socks look lovely and divinely warm.

 
At December 3, 2006 at 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice blockers! I love mine. Pretty socks, too for such manly calves!

 
At December 4, 2006 at 6:38 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Aren't Becky's sock blockers awesome! I love yours!

Beautiful socks! I have seen the madder rib on a few different blogs. I have to try that pattern because I really like it!

 
At December 4, 2006 at 6:54 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

How great are those!! They look nice and long to block out a pair of knee highs!

I'm just about done with my Madder Ribs too!

 
At December 4, 2006 at 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool sock blockers and beautiful socks!

 
At December 4, 2006 at 8:31 PM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

OT, I submitted a photo of my yarn spun from Hang on Sloopy to the Yarn Museum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home