the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

bubble bubble


It was a grand weekend - wonder what this is?


Bubble bubble toil and trouble?.. nope.. just a pair of my daughter's old jeans and a black skirt, now getting blacker!


I spun alot (and played keep away kittie!) finished the project for a customer.. here's the result
from the roving (Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks dove and forest) on the left to the spun yarn on the right
Aren't they grand! I love spinning this roving - its a 50/50 blend of bombyx merino. Chasing Rainbows colorways are so wonderful - you never end up with mud!

Also began a little black shrug for my daughter (and no, I promise the bamboo shirt will NOT become a UFO.... REALLY!)

Life here at Crown Mountain Farms is heavenly - the kitties are adjusting (read that running wild up and down the stairs) and they finally told us their names.. Emily and Diana.

1 Comments:

At August 24, 2005 at 6:40 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Wow, your yarn is beautiful, Teyani. I love the colors. I've book-marked your site. I hope that I will be able buy some of your yarn in the future.

Your new kitties sound adorable. I have a pure black cat that I cannot take a good picture of either. Although being 2.5 years old now, she just got mellow enough for a serious attempt.

The knit shirt you made is really cool.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home