the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Stitches = extreme shopping

It was a wild weekend at Stitches West in Santa Clara, CA. If you ever get the chance to go, don't hesitate. It's an experience worth having!

The flight down there was effortless - think 2 hours of uninterrupted knitting on my Knitting Olympics project!! Pure heaven. Here's a view of Mt Rainier & Mt Saint Helens from the airplane - wow.

The first wonderous thing I encountered was - palm trees!! okay, okay, so I know that a few of my blog readers see these every day, and that this is not 'news' per say - but to a gal from the good ol' "evergreen state" (WA) this was fantastic! It's been 22 years since I was in California - and the palm trees were wonderful!

I spent the entire weekend shopping and visiting with other vendors who are friends. There were 134 vendors ! overwhelming-wonderful-exciting-inspiring COLOR everywhere you looked. I snuck my camera in, and asked a few of the vendors if I could get a few photos to share the amazing energy of this place. There were people everywhere! Thanks to all who said yes to allowing pictures!

The booths ranged from boutique-chic to garage-sale plain.
One enthusiastic shopper really got into her purchases! I had a fabulous time - laughed alot, ate great food, and of course bought a huge amount of yarn (30 new skeins) photos of the yarn will come in the next blog.

And now I leave you with a photo essay of my visit to Stitches West:













Oh yeah, and I finished one of "Knitting Olympics" socks while hanging out in the hotel on Friday night - my first ever lacey sock!

10 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 at 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for getting pics and posting them. I didn't go this year, but hope to make it soon! I wanted to reach in and pet all the yarn - I would probably faint from all the selection!

 
At February 23, 2006 at 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tour! And that's a beautiful sock -- I hope it gets a mate soon!

 
At February 24, 2006 at 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you for taking the photos and sharing them with us. It looks like you had a blast!

Being surrounded by all the fiber would be heaven!

 
At February 24, 2006 at 4:55 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love palm trees like that too, also because I hardly ever get to see them. They are so cool looking!
I look forward to seeing your haul!

 
At February 24, 2006 at 5:34 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait for Stitches East! Can't wait to see what you got!!!!

 
At February 24, 2006 at 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics, T - thanks for sharing. The blue knitting is cool too.

Lissa

 
At February 24, 2006 at 9:49 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

I have never been to any event like that!! It looks amazing ~ thank you for sharing with me (us).
And I love the sock - on to no. 2?

 
At February 25, 2006 at 1:04 PM, Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

What great pictures, but really can't capture the absolute fiberness of the event.

Are you going to be at the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene this year?

 
At February 25, 2006 at 3:59 PM, Blogger Teyani said...

Yes, We'll have a booth at Black Sheep - I am sooo looking forward to that ! Acutally this year, we will have TWO booths ! One will be totally dedicated to Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks ! wow!
And yes, to all my cyber firends out there, sock numero duo is almost complete!! Looks like I'll get that gold medal after all !

 
At February 26, 2006 at 7:16 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your loot. Your lacey sock is gorgeous, Teyani! Congrats on your olympic success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home