the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, January 22, 2006

California Here I come....



know what this is?..............Tah Dah! ... a three day ticket to Stitches West !!
Yaba-daba-doo!
Yesterday, I was feeling the rainy-day blahs here in SW Washington - and I said to my sweetheart, 'you know - I'd like to grab a knitting buddy and go to Stitches' - His response... "Go for it!"... and so I did! (aren't I lucky top have such a great cheering section here at home?!)
I quickly dashed off an email to a dear friend in Miami and asked if she'd like to meet up in San Jose - the answer came this morning when I woke - YES ! Well - bust my britches, grin ear to ear and giggle til there's no tomorrow!
Tickets are purchased... hotel reservations are booked.. tomorrow I'll go and make the airline reservations.
Oh... I'm a happy girl, doin' the little happy dance all around my house!

Now here's another one for you.... know what this is?? Hmmmmmm, a heel maybe??? Cannot show the whole completed leg (yet) as it needs to remain a bit of a teaser for my Bloomin' Feet secret- sock- swap- pal..... but thought you'd enjoy a peek. I am feeling like strutting a bit about this one - since I added some stitches to the pattern, and had to re-do the heel a bit as well. Thanks to Knitters Review Forums, and the help of a few knitting pals, it was solved in a matter of hours. Onward ho!


And as a parting wave from Washington State, here is yet another photo if Mount Rainier (as seen from our deck.) We awoke to this amazing sky earlier this month in the wee hours of the morning. We are so fortunate to live amid such beauty.

5 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 at 3:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful sky! Don't you wish you could knit those colors? Hey, you could do something about that...

Have fun at Stitches!

 
At January 23, 2006 at 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trip sounds awesome! Have fun!

 
At January 23, 2006 at 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a sock tease! From what I can see, the colors look very nice- especially the close up pic.

 
At January 24, 2006 at 3:51 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

What a great little vacation you're going to have. Your sock looks like it's coming along nicely. And that is just a lovely picture. I miss mountains.

 
At February 9, 2006 at 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colorway on the BF socks!! So pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home