the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Wooly-Bully


Know what this is?
Wooly noodles ???
A mixed up mess?
Nahhhh, I promise !
watch what the magic of washing can do.


Hmmm.. little kitten paws linger closely, kitten about ready to pounce on my handspun bombyx-merino in colorway Juniper Berry.
I had about 140 yards (4 ounces) of fiberly goodness, and wanted to make another sample for our booth at upcoming fairs...
so I made this.... a lovely lace scarf ! The pattern is from one of the best little books EVER - 365 Stitches. It is the fishtail lace pattern.


Wanna see it up close?

This was a one day project - fast, yummy fiber, quite rewarding.
Nancy Finn, the artist behind the Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks name, will be teaching classes at the June Black Sheep Gathering this year, and we will be having almost an entire booth dedicated to her fibr and yarn. (yes, I'm in heaven!)
I love working with this stuff - it's the same fiber as I have been using for my 'magic sweater' (which is completed by the way.. photos soon, I promise!)

Oh and, here's proof that my sweetie, K, really does wear his socks.
AND, thanks to Leah (you cutie!.. see her comment on my last post) He now walks around saying "cool dude, cool dude" (imagine heavy German accent with this deep bass voice) I laugh every time he does that. (yes, yes, I know, my sense of humor is a little silly)

8 Comments:

At April 4, 2006 at 8:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Love the lace scarf! Hee hee, great picture of the socks in action.

 
At April 4, 2006 at 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I stand by my statement!

A very cool dude to appreciate the colorful handknit socks so lovingly made for him!

He's a keeper!

 
At April 5, 2006 at 5:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful scarf! And it's great that someone likes to show off your knitting, isn't it?

 
At April 5, 2006 at 8:37 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That is so pretty Teyani! The yarn looks yummy. My husband would never wear socks that bright. That is so great that yours will! :)

 
At April 5, 2006 at 3:26 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohh that is just too awesome!
A quick knit with outcome, now thats what i'm talking about!

 
At April 5, 2006 at 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee - with Birkenstocks of course (socks don't show up otherwise)! Your scarf is very pretty! 365 Stitches is such a neat book.

 
At April 6, 2006 at 5:58 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The scarf looks great. I also love those socks more and more every time I look at them.

 
At April 8, 2006 at 4:59 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

That yarn is lovely and so is your scarf. I wish I could see a whole booth of yarn from your artist. I imagine that it's going to be a breathtaking sight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home