the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Friday, March 10, 2006

Cableback Fingerless Gloves

A few weeks ago, we attended Madrona Fiber Arts in Tacoma WA, and I had the good fortune to take a couple classes. One of my favorites taught me this:

I just LOVE these gloves! I knit them from one ball of Debbie Bliss cashmerino yarn (yumm!) and edged it with a fun angora that I picked up while at Stitches West. This is a fast knit, great for gifts. I've enjoyed this so much, I immediately cast on for another pair - for my daughter. Karen Alfke taught this class. She was spontaneous, fun and absolutely brilliant in her teaching methods. If you ever get to take a class with her, jump on it.
It actually snowed here yesterday, and I got to wear them - warm and toasty hands (despite the lack of finger coverage) - and best yet, you can still knit with your gloves on :-)

The sheep are really enjoying being back on our property - they come up every morning to the top of the hill and baaaa until we go out and give them their special little grain treats. When spring comes around, and I am back out in the garden, they serenade me all day long.


Here's a couple pictures for the sky watcher fans - Mt Rainier hiding behind the clouds and a lovely contrast sky a few morning's ago.







Last, but by far least - Bloomin' Feet update.... we have a heel on sock number two! I hope to finish it up this weekend. This has been a grand adventure getting to know all the participants in this sock exchange. I believe that Amanda and Becky will be sponsoring another exchange in the fall - join in - you won't regret it!

7 Comments:

At March 10, 2006 at 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely! All of it -- mitts, sheep, sky, socks -- yum!

 
At March 10, 2006 at 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking! Been reading your blog for a while and admire all your lovely knitting and your "backyard" I especially love the pictures of your "kids". May I paste one of them on my computer background? I am a spinner and knitter and love, love, love, your fleecy friends.

 
At March 10, 2006 at 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so envious. I would love to live in the mountains with my sheep.

The socks are lovely. Please, please, can I be your sock pal?

 
At March 10, 2006 at 7:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What fun gloves! Nice sock, too.

Someday I'll make it out there for Madrona...

 
At March 10, 2006 at 8:13 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I adore fingerless mitts. I made a pair 2 years ago and wear them all the time. They are getting all pilled and old looking. It's time to make a new pair. Your pictures are wonderful today and your BF socks are awesome!

 
At March 11, 2006 at 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are knitting knee socks there Teyani. Is that photo deceiving? GRIN. Very beautiful colors in your BF socks though. You can send them my way! : )

I see the sheep! Love those critters. Wish I were there too.

 
At March 12, 2006 at 2:04 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Your mitts are gorgeous, Teyani. I, too love how you can wear them and knit at the same time.

I can't wait to see your finished socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home