the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Mom's felted bag

Well, I enjoyed my felted bag sooooo much, that I bragged all over the place! My Mom decided to knit one too, and she ordered some pencil roving to make it - she chose the ol'blue eyes colorway with twilight as an accent color for the bottom.

She knit and knit, calling me every once in awhile to make SURE that she was doing it right (aren't Mom's wonderful! - they make us feel so smart!)
I reassured her and told her to keep on knitting.

She called and reported that the folks in her knitting group were astounded at how big the bag was (pre-felting of course) and she asked them if they had ever accidently tossed a wool sweater into the washing machine! laughs all around, and she kept on knitting.


I told Mom that she should have
my Dad take a "before" picture... here it is:

whoa - get aload of that huge bag!!













And now, just in case any of you might have wondered where the intrepid part of "intrepid fiberwizard" came from, now you know! (genetics rule!) My Mother bravely knit and knit, trusting that it would work!
She called and we conferred about felting directions, and then into the washing machine it went!!
She checked, and washed some more, checked and washed some more.. I can just hear her, opening her machine saying "how are you doing little bag?" (grins)
finally after what seemed like hours, the bag was complete!

Viola!!








And here's the close up of just the bag!
Didn't she do a fabulous job?!! Yeah Mom!



So for all of you who have never tried felting - now is your chance! Be bold! Be brave! and above all else, have fun!

We sure are!

Here's to you Mom, its beau-tee-full!!!

(and thanks to Dad for the great photos! Yeah Dad!)

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2005 at 3:42 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Lovely bag! I bet she'll be making more soon.

 
At January 2, 2006 at 5:06 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Oooh that looks so soft and comfy it makes me wish I lived in a climate that would be appropriate! Your mom done good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home