the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, March 5, 2006

Backyard tour




This post is for Becky's backyard tour. It's an interesting challenge to decide what part is our "back yard" - since we live on top of a hill, with a circular drive running all the way around the hill and up to the house. I ultimately decided to just leave off the view from the front door.

It's winter here still in the Great Northwest - and that translate to .. brown.
The fruit trees are dormant still, the fairy garden lies idle, and the raised beds (there's six of them in total) remain covered in the hopes of killing off all that crab grass.

Mount Rainier is hiding behind the rain clouds this morning. The good news is that we still are able to see beauty amidst the brown.
Give us another month out here and the flowers will arrive :-)

Oh my - I almost forgot the bottom of the hill view - our beautiful animals! Here's a peek at a few of them - they add quite a bit of character to our view!

15 Comments:

At March 5, 2006 at 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful view you have (in fact, what wonderful views!) They look great now, they must be fantastic in the spring. (I really miss hills - I live in Cambridge UK, where it's FLAT!)

 
At March 5, 2006 at 11:34 AM, Blogger Krista said...

I love your view! I feel too crowded with all the trees in my yard, but your place looks incredible!

 
At March 5, 2006 at 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome view you have!!! Just fantastic - :-)

 
At March 5, 2006 at 12:22 PM, Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Lovely views! Thanks for sharing! :)

 
At March 5, 2006 at 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I live by the ocean, so it's flat here, too -- love your hilltop view, enev in brown!

 
At March 5, 2006 at 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the mountains! And so pretty, even in the dead of winter!

 
At March 5, 2006 at 3:47 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Wow! I absolutely ♥ your yard. And animals! OMG--I want to live in your yard.

 
At March 5, 2006 at 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl I am sooo sorry to be adding your entry to the list this late. I worked like a fiend all day adding people to the list but I missed a few. Forgive me.

I love your pics. And of course you know what part of the backyard is my fav right? Have we picked out which mama is going to have my little Gypsy? GRIN

 
At March 5, 2006 at 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, do I miss those views from my short few years in Seattle. You must really bein touch with nature and the elements and the seasons. I admire that! You'd get my vote for best yard!

 
At March 5, 2006 at 8:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Lovely views! And I really like that last goat piture. :)

 
At March 5, 2006 at 10:59 PM, Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

What a lucky gal! look at those wonderful views and OH MY the animals... what fun!

Thanks for visiting my blog~ and for giving us all a tour of the back yard...

 
At March 6, 2006 at 12:50 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful! I am sure it is more beautiful when it is green but truly it is just wonderful brown too. I love your fairies!

 
At March 6, 2006 at 4:41 PM, Blogger emmy said...

I love your view of the mountains. and your animals!!! Wonderful fiber friends. It is lovely even with the brown. I have brown too. for now.

 
At March 8, 2006 at 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing your backyard, very nice view. Good to see something so different from mine.

 
At March 11, 2006 at 12:06 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

What a beautiful place you live in! Nice photos, too.
And I love your Sunset Wrap - it looks stylish and luxurious. Your work is lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home