the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Thursday, December 8, 2005

more color!!

You know, it wasn't all that many years ago that I swore off knitting socks.
The dreaded four-to-five needle, spear me in the hand, have ladders throughout, hole in the heels, kind of groaning, what-was-I-thinking- kind of vow.... you know what I mean?

Well, right around thanksgiving, I decided that I reeeeaaaaally needed to knit a pair of socks again. I was swept up in the amazing colorways that our friend Lisa creates. And you know what - it was a GREAT idea!
I am about halfway through the first sock, just turned the heel. I figured out how to get rid of the ladders (woo-hoo!) - and now am going to pick up all those side stitches on the heel flap (whilst praying, holding my tongue just right inside my cheek and whistling Silent Night) I figure that one of those things might help me avoid the little hole that would always appear...
I'll let you know!

Meanwhile, our Friend Lisa, owner of Dicentra Designs has done it again.................. created a gorgeous new colorway for sock yarn! This one is called Mazarbul, and it will be available on our website within a week or so (right Lisa?! :-)
The second pair of socks is already being cooked up in my brain... yummmm. Does anyone out there ever finish two socks?

3 Comments:

At December 9, 2005 at 9:54 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Try knitting two at a time on a circular with short-row heels. It has totally eradicated my second-sock syndrome.

 
At December 10, 2005 at 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Frankly, you can have all the snow in our yard. And the cold. :)

 
At December 15, 2005 at 3:45 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Nice colorway! If you're interested, Sockknitters.org has a bunch of lovely tutorials. One is on how to not get a little hole between your heel and instep stitches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home