the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday Spinning

A typical fall sunday in our house goes something like this:

football
spinning
football (notice the kittens sleeping on his feet)
dyeing fiber

and more football (Seahawks won last week! the Vikings are playing now as we speak)

The fiber I spun is Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks, colorway Juniper Berry - in a blend of 50/50 Bombyx Merino. It is spectacular. One of the delightful fringe benefits of owning a fiber business is the fact that I can spin "samples" of all of it! I usually end up using the yarn in our booth, and as photos for the website.
Lucky me!
I'm considering spinning a bunch of it and making a sweater (specifically one from Knitty.com called: Cinixia) for myself.. we shall see.

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 at 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teyani - My daughter fell in love with your kittens!! She has been begging for a kitten for some time. We are living in a rental right now and the owner isn't crazy about pets. When I was growing up I always had kitties so it's hard to have to tell her we can't have a kitty right now. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home