the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Saturday, August 26, 2006

What's a girl to do?

Spin~spin~spin... and not much knitting lately.
Now, don't get me wrong.... I love to spin! and this superwash that we are using for the Sock Hop Yarn is delightful........ yet.... we're still spinning on what seemed like a humongo list of backorders from our one day of selling handspun yarn (back in the end of July). Slowly but surely we are getting done.

Thanks again to all of you for your patience! We've added one new spinner (who might be willing to go public with her name *grin* - I'll let her decide!) and we are delighted with her work! I am currently testing out more people who can spin to the standards we want.... but in the meantime, from dawn to dark on the weekends (and in between seeing clients) I've been a spinnin' queen!

So I ask you, what's a girl to do???.... the pile of fiber that is waiting to be spun looks huge- my fingers and feet can only go just soooo fast...so, what did I do? Created five new colorways! Yup.. I know. don't laugh. (not too hard anyway)
Guess that I just can't get enough of this stuff :-)
Want to see them up close?








"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (designed for Amanda!) all light pinks and orchid












"Crazy Love" - a sweet combo of deep violet with a few hints of crimson












"Do you believe in Magic" - a wild smash of subtle colors: silver grey and tan












"My Boyfriend's Back" - perhaps the guy in your life will enjoy this combo of deep maroon and burgandy













"Twist and Shout" - and just because I couldn't resist another blue... here's a vivid royal blue and soft green





The pile of fiber to spin is calling my name - so I'm off to do a bit of plying now. And the promise of spinning those new colors keeps me inspired!

P>S> our webmaster just finished adding them to the website click here to see.

17 Comments:

At August 26, 2006 at 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A girl is to send me some of the Ain't No Mountain and Your Boyfriends Back fiber! (As soon as I find your email in my loooooog list, I will email you to that effect)! Just lovely!!

Spin on, girlfriend!!

 
At August 26, 2006 at 9:54 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

Oh, I love the Twist and Shout one! How about dyeing one named Spirit in the Sky? That's my favorite oldie!

 
At August 26, 2006 at 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! i love crazy love and my boyfriend's back! maybe once i finish up moondance + great balls of fire... :)

 
At August 26, 2006 at 11:12 AM, Blogger aija said...

One of the first things I thought when I started to teach myself to spin (last week!) was that I needed to get good enough soon to spin some of your sock hop... even more inspiration now! :)

 
At August 26, 2006 at 11:40 AM, Blogger Shannan said...

The new colors are beautiful!

 
At August 26, 2006 at 2:26 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

Oh, they all look so pretty!

 
At August 26, 2006 at 8:13 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Hi Teyani- I have enjoyed the entire week of your eye candy blogs. But your fabulous yarns are also part of that, even though you did not label them so. I especially like the purple colorway on the spindle - mmm, mmm, good!

After a week on the road seeing the beautiful states of NY and Ma, Dallas is indeed not eye candy! I thank you for sharing shots of your glorious views (also love the glads!)... how great to live in such beautiful surroundings. Please do not take them for granted - they are too beautiful!

Hope your weekend is grand-
Ceci

 
At August 27, 2006 at 3:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

They're fabulous, Teyani!

 
At August 27, 2006 at 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heavens!
I really have to try hard to find something that will give you even a bit of a thrill after seeing the wonderful things you do with fleece and color! "Do you believe in magic" is truly wonderful.

I'll be just like Winnie the Pooh. "Think!Think!Think!" and hope that I come up with something unique and interesting.

Your Yarn Aboard Match

 
At August 27, 2006 at 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new colors!

 
At August 27, 2006 at 1:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh my...lots of pretty new colorways. My favorite of this group is Twist and Shout. You may never knit again at this rate. :)

 
At August 27, 2006 at 5:26 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm seeing so many cool Sock Hop socks out there... I think you'll have another one day of selling and then have to play catchup again!!

 
At August 27, 2006 at 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those rovings are fabulous! If only I could spin...
The purple yarn on the bobbins, what is that? I love the colors.

 
At August 28, 2006 at 8:36 AM, Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Bet you never imagined you'd be a professional spinner.

Be known as the spinning counselor. Spin while you listen. Teach clients to spindle. Start a new method of counseling. :-)

Great new colorways!

 
At August 28, 2006 at 9:03 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I like that metallic colorway. Keep 'em coming!

 
At August 28, 2006 at 3:26 PM, Blogger String said...

I'm lovin' both "Do you Belive in Magic" and "Twist and shout"

 
At August 30, 2006 at 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are saying there's gonna be more sock hop yarn soon, right? 'Cause this time I'm on my game - once those back orders are filled I will SNAP IT UP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home