the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Saturday, August 27, 2005

UFO encounters or FO bliss

With all the talk knitters have about UFO's (unfinished objects - for you non-knitting lingo types), I decided to take an honest look at what I had sitting around... one man's sweater from handspun, one lace shawl, one pair of socks, and one bamboo shirt... not too bad thought I !

Then, being a glass-half-full sort of gal, I reviewed what I had accomplished in the last 12 months - I counted 21 FO's (finished objects) !!Woo-hoo- (listen for the sound of clapping wildly). Here's a few of the items I haven't posted before, some I didn't take pictures of, and all the rest can be seen on our website in the photo gallery .

this one is made from Fur Real - a fuzzy-wuzzy yarn from Southwest Trading Company - made for my Mom (after its tour in our booth at Black Sheep Gathering)







This is a quickie poncho I knit from unspun pencil roving - hand dyed by moi.. in the colorway toumelaine
easy fast gratifying..




The next is a poncho (pattern from Knits last fall issue) that I made from 7 differents types of yarn - mostly Blue Moon Fiberarts. Another incredibly fast project - especially given there are so many yarns in it.. I ended up making three of these in different yarns ! A great use of old bits and pieces





And then last but not least, here's a vest I made from Calypso yarn. this is the coolest stuff - like a reverse rail (if that makes sense) It ends up having a look like velvet. I modified this pattern from last August's issue of Knit 'n Style.







So now I am off to finish the little black shrug - photos coming up soon, stay tuned! A few more dye pots are cookin' away with pencil roving and I am pondering to myself... what to knit this year ? It always seems to happen that as I'm coming down the home stretch of a project, my mind begins to wander off, contemplating what's coming next.. does that ever happen to you?

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2022 at 1:54 PM, Anonymous Deck Contractors Plano said...

Thhanks for sharing this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home