the Intrepid Fiberwizard

adventures in spinning, knitting, gardening and life

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sneak Preview

Autumn is always my favorite time of year - the garden still looks yummy, the nights are cool enough to snuggle with a blanket.. and I can begin to pull out my favorite wool sweaters and dream again about what fiber to spin over the winter.. ahhh - perfect!

September finds us preparing to go to Canby, Oregon to one of our favorite shows - Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival ! It is a warm-hearted show, tucked amongst huge old trees in their local fairgrounds. The show is small enough to allow for time to really visit with our customers. I am always inspired by them - and its a real treat when people come back each year to share their fiber creations! Old friends gather outside the RV in the evenings following the show and we sit and laugh until the wee hours of the morning. The buildings on the fairgrounds have huge windows, high ceilings and gorgeous old hardwood floors.. creating just the right space for fiber to tempt the passerbys.

This year we are taking more fiber, yarn, and spinning wheels than ever.. so yesterday was spent designing how we'll squeeze it all in our booth - a good dilemma to have! This is our fourth year attending this particular fair - and I must say we are truly excited!

Our website continues to grow - this month we are adding a few new featured artists! One of the things I like best is to promote incredible art - and this month I am totally inspired by Rama. She is a raku artist who makes amazing buttons (among other incredible art). These photos are but a small sneak preview of what we'll be offering.
Visiting "Rama" at her home was an experience not to be missed... a soft small house, tucked between trees and shrubs welcomed me as I arrived. Entering the private world of an artist is a full sensual experience - all I can say is "wow". From floor to ceiling and wall to wall, beauty abounded. It was hard to know where to begin! "Rama" laid her buttons out on a large table and we began to select a few to market on our website - the hardest part was how to choose! After several hours, I had chosen 16 different button patterns to put up on our site. Each work of art is so unique - the raku glaze is vibrant and almost "alive". No two buttons are identical.. earth - fire - water.. combined with the inspired creativity of "Rama" brings forth the beauty you see here.
Treat yourself to some of these - you won't be sorry!

P>S> if you get a chance to come to Canby next weekend, stop by and see us - we'll have about 250 of her buttons for sale! Cool eh?!

3 Comments:

At September 19, 2005 at 6:58 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

omg! Those are amazing buttons, Teyani. I love the ginko leaf ones. Truly unique.

Cheers,

Miriam

 
At September 19, 2005 at 4:13 PM, Blogger Erica.Hysterica said...

Tag, you are it...details are on my blog

 
At September 24, 2005 at 11:58 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm so jealous! Someday, I will be able to drag my husband to a fiber festival, and I can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home